With the new year here, most people are sitting down and figuring out their fitness goals and resolutions.
While most resolutions fail (because they focus on the outcome instead of on building the habit first), there’s still something exciting about a new year and all of the possibilities. While I’ve written longer articles on habit building and mindset tricks to keep you consistent in the gym, this will focus on the lighter side and some fun fitness goals you might want to hit this year.
Having a list of fitness goals is fun to help keep you excited about the year ahead and keep you going. Of course, this is just to spark inspiration and it’s best to set goals that you actually want to achieve.
Since 2020 is a fun numerical year, a lot of these goals will play on the idea of the number 20.
Fitness goal ideas for 2020:
- Go on 20 walks in new places or routes you haven’t taken.
- Lose 20 pounds.
- Stretch 20 days in a row.
- Do 20 pushups at once.
- Run 20K (aka do two 10k’s).
- Learn 20 yoga poses.
- Hit a 20-inch box jump.
- Swim for 20 straight minutes.
- Add 20 pounds to your best rep this year.
- Try a new way to work out 20 times.
- Try 20 new exercises.
- Choose walking over Ubering somewhere 20 times.
- Drink 20 sips of water a day.
- For 20 minutes in the morning, don’t check your phone but instead, list what you love about your life.
- Schedule 20 workouts in your calendar.
- Give yourself a compliment 20 days in a row.
- Try 20 new recipes.
- Hold a handstand for 20 seconds.
- Try 20 new fruits or vegetables.
- Eliminate 20 grams of sugar from your diet.
- Bonus! Journal for 20 minutes a day to relieve some stress.
Not everyone has the same goals in mind, so these are just ideas to spark you getting excited to take care of your body and mind in the new year.
Have any other ideas? Leave them in the comments below!